posted 13 Mar 2015, 16:42 by Newcestown Gaa
updated 13 Mar 2015, 17:13
Newcestown travelled to Bandon to play the home side in the Rebel Óg West B football league on Friday 13 March 2015 at 8pm. It was a cold dry night with no wind. The crowd gathered in the viewing area at the side of the upper pitch were well entertained by a competitive game played under lights.
Newcestown had the edge on the first half and went in at half time leading Bandon by 1-7 to 1-4.
Newcestown maintained their lead for most of the the second half, however the home side finished strongly and went ahead in the last minute of the game with a well taken goal. The full time score was Newcestown 2-10 Bandon 2-12.
Sequence of events:
- Bandon, point, 4 min
- Colm Dinneen, point, 7 min, f
- Shane Collins made a good save from close range in the ninth minute.
- Bandon, point, 10 min
- Gerard Collins, point, 15 min
- Eugene Courtney, point, 16 min
- Colm Dinneen, point, 19 min, f
- Gerard Collins, point, 19 min
- Bandon, point, 21 min
- Bandon, goal, 22 min (first shot hit the crossbar, the rebound was collected and sent to the net)
- Gerard Collins, goal, 25 min (lobbed the goal keeper)
- James Kelleher, point, 25 min
- Bandon, point, 27 min
- Eugene Courtney, point, 29 min
- Gearóid O'Donovan, point, 35 min
- Bandon, point, 39 min
- Colm Dinneen, point, 41 min, f
- Bandon, point, 42 min
- Good save by Shane Collins from a quick close in free, 50 min
- Bandon, point, 50 min
- Bandon, point, 52 min
- Gearóid O'Donovan, point, 54 min
- Brendan O'Mahony, goal, 55 min, ran on to a good pass and kicked the ball from the ground across the goal in to the far corner.
- Bandon, point, 56 min
- Bandon, point, 57 min
- Bandon, point, 58 min
- Bandon, point, 59 min
- Bandon, goal, 60 min, initial shot stopped but Bandon scored on the second attempt.
Newcestown starting team: Shane Collins, Gerard Collins (1-2), Sean O'Donovan, Timmy O'Sullivan, Brendan O'Mahony (1-0), Eugene Courtney (0-2), Colm Dinneen (0-3 frees), Darragh Kiely James Kelleher (0-1), Peter O'Riordan, Shane Scanlon, Padraig Collins, Gearóid O'Donovan (0-2), Mark Shorten, Sean Coughlan.
Subs Used : Dan McAree for Shane Scanlon, Daniel Desmond for Darragh Kiely, Shane Collins for Colm Dinneen (injury).
Referee David White (St Mary's)